Friday 16 December 2011

The lean bulk (post phase 1 progress check)

First off, apologies for the homemade poser abs shot, but there’s no other way I can prove to you that if you practise what I preach it’s not a crock of shit and does actually work!  (The clock is just to show the date it was taken, so you know I’m not being cheeky and using an image from back in the summer or something) I just thought I’d give you a quick run down of how I thought the first 3 weeks (phase1) of my lean bulk went.

It’s been about 8 weeks since I’ve trained using a body part split like I have used during this phase, so as you can imagine it was quite a shock to my muscles and I experienced some serious DOMS the following morning, most days. Overall I think the training went really well. I got all of the workouts in, and I was more than happy with some of the weights I was lifting for the 10-12 rep range used in this phase. I’m currently weighing in at 71.2KG, which means I have gained 0.8KG in the first 3 weeks! And I can still see my abs!

So that’s phase one complete, now it’s onwards and upwards moving onto phase 2. During this phase I’m using a push day/pull day split and I’ve included exercises such as the power clean and fatgripz pull-ups. Meaning I can start to focus on those other particular goals I set. Like power clean 80KG for 3 consecutive reps and perform 2 consecutive sets of 12 reps of fatgripz pull-ups. I will be posting my entire workout routines for phase 2 at some point next week, so watch this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment