Here are some things you may or may not already include in your diet. Some you may already know about, others you might not. Regardless, each of them has a numerous amount of benefits that can help you towards your goal.
· Eggs – the combination of protein and other nutrients in eggs will satiate your hunger, keeping you fuller for longer. Making them a great choice for breakfast. The yolks also contain good amount of fat and vitamin D. Both of which can help increase your testosterone levels.
· Almonds – like most nuts, almonds are very calorie dense. Meaning they’re a great addition to your diet if you’re looking to increase your daily calorific intake and gain some weight. They contain plenty of ‘healthy’ monounsaturated fats. What’s more they also contain plenty of the important anti oxidant, vitamin E. This has cancer fighting qualities.
· Salmon – as well as being high in protein it’s probably most known for its high levels of omega 3’s fats. I could fill the rest of this blog post with their benefits, but quite simply they are important for joint health, muscle recovery, cardiovascular health and normal growth and development. Plus salmon tastes great with some piri piri seasoning on it!
· Cinnamon – first off, cinnamon can make most bland meals taste so much better, but it also has a lot of benefits that can help you achieve your goals. Just smelling it can help boost cognitive function and memory. Did you know taking cinnamon with your meals can help stabilize your blood sugar levels making it great for weight loss?
· Cherry juice – fruit juices often get a bad wrap in the fitness and bodybuilding world. Simply because they’re loaded with sugars. But, sometimes they can be of some use provided they’re drank at the right times (mornings and after workouts are best to help replenish glycogen and spike insulin). Take cherry juice for example, its loaded with chemicals called anthocyanin’s which have been shown to sooth inflammation and soreness (aka DOMS) helping you recover from your workouts faster.